Just because it’s Blue Monday, doesn’t mean we have to be blue; unless we’re talking bruising with dermal fillers…
With any dermal filler treatment, bruising is a common side effect that tends to last only a few days. Whilst it’s not guaranteed that you will experience bruising, it is a possibility with anyone who has had a filler injection. Here at REVOLAX, we’re here to help you shake those Monday blues whilst finding out the answers to the ‘must-know’ questions about dermal filler treatments.
Seeing as it’s Blue Monday, let’s look deeper into the question: is bruising after dermal fillers normal?
What Causes Bruising After Dermal Fillers?
With any cosmetic injection, there is a risk of both bleeding and bruising due to inserting a sharp needle into the skin for the dermal filler to be administered.
Bruises are small hematoma, and they occur when small blood vessels get punctured, and leak into the soft tissue beneath. Due to the needle entering the skin multiple times, during a dermal filler treatment, this can cause the surface of the skin to swell, as the skin on the face is fragile.
It’s hard to predict if you will bruise after treatment, because several things can affect the amount that you can bruise. Generally, if you are experiencing bruising after treatment, then this will last between three to five days. There are actions that you can take to reduce bruising after dermal fillers…
How to Reduce Bruising After Dermal Fillers
Remember: ‘Bad aura’s don’t go with my glow.’ If you are concerned about bruising with REVOLAX or any dermal filler treatment, then don’t worry, because there are ways to reduce the risk of bruising. No bad auras over here.
It’s understandable that no-one wants to have noticeable bruising on their face, for any length of time. Bruising is a temporary side effect that you can experience after a dermal filler injection, and it will fade quicker if you take the right measures. If you bruise easily, it’s recommended to get your dermal filler treatment 1-2 weeks before a big event.
Let’s break it down, looking at the measures you can take before and after your dermal filler appointment.
What can I do pre-appointment?
- Take Arnica tablets a few days leading up to treatment, to help reduce the amount of bruising and how long it lasts.
- Discontinue any blood-thinning medications or supplements one week before treatment (with your doctor’s content.) These include aspirin and vitamin E as examples, and they increase the likelihood of bruising,
- Avoid blood-thinning foods such as garlic – consider this a few days before treatment.
- Avoid blood-thinning drinks such as alcohol and green tea 1-2 days before injections.
What can I do post-appointment?
- Eat fresh pineapple, because it contains an enzyme called Bromelain which has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Use Arnica gel on the affected area to heal faster.
- Avoid alcohol for 1-2 days after injections.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 1-2 days after injections.
- Apply ice packs to the affected area to reduce the swelling and reduce bruising.
- Wait 24 hours after your appointment to applying make-up, to avoid any irritation.
If you’re unsure about anything regarding your dermal-filler appointment, including side effects or actions that you should take, always speak to a professional. You will have a consultation before treatment, and this will give you a chance to ask any questions that you have, as well as understanding the process. When it comes to bruising with dermal fillers, remember to ‘trust the process’!
Round-up: Is Bruising After Dermal Fillers Normal?
In short, let’s answer and conclude the question: is bruising after dermal fillers normal? It’s a simple response, which is that – yes – bruising after dermal fillers is completely normal. If you experience bruising once you have had a REVOLAX treatment, then the bruising can be easily reduced with the right pre and post appointment care. Whether you bruise easily or not, if you want to avoid bruising after a treatment, then take these tips into in consideration to reduce the risk of bruising.
Blue Monday: Be Your Best Self With REVOLAX
Keep going and keep glowing with REVOLAX to get over the Blue Monday vibes! Repeat after us: ‘The person of my dreams is me, just with REVOLAX’. Keep the positive affirmations flowing to get you through Blue Monday, with REVOLAX by your side, cheering you on. It’s not the saddest day of the year here with REVOLAX. Cya Blue Monday!